Everyone is trying to be a coach nowadays! No doubt coaching business is a lucrative jobs. Imagine coaching and change someone lives while making great kaa-ching. That must have felt fulfilling and satisfying..
If you are looking for ways to make more money online, you can start coaching. Coaching is a great way to use your talents and expertise and change someone life to the better. Often people are required to learn something new, or they are interested in something and want to learn more about it. This is where you come in handy.
Learning something and putting it into practice two different things. As a coach , you help other people do the practice and achieve their success. Now,think of your current niche, is there something within your niche that people need or want help with?
Now let’s get to know the basic of coaching first.
Basic #1 : Why do People Hire Coaches?
There are a number of reasons that people hire coaches, but as an analogy, people hire coaches for the same reasons that some writers hire editors. They need an objective person to take a look at what they are doing, point out any mistakes that they are making, and advise them on what to do to fix them and achieve their intended end result. In short, coaches provide a brand new and invaluable perspective.
Coaches can be a person that you can say things to that you might not be able to say to family or friends. They keep what you tell them completely confidential and they listen without judging. In the entertainment industry,coaches are standard. Singershave vocal coaches, actors have acting coaches and even professional athletes have coaches. That’s because a coach is able to help you see the things that you just aren’t able to see – your blind spots – and then provide you with advice on how to improve.
- A coach is also someone who will hold you accountable. If you set goals and then try to achieve them yourself, you are probably not going to hold yourself very accountable. But a coach will be disappointed when you don’t do what you committed to, and this can be very motivating.
- A coach also provides a reflective surface for you to talk to. Sometimes, all people need is for someone to listen to them, and they can figure out the solution themselves.
- If not, the coach can come up with some ideas that you might not have thought of yourself and can give you advice that they know is good advice.
- A coach is also a great resource if you aren’t good at planning or keeping track of things. Coaches can help you with things like weight loss, making money or many of the other things that would benefit from spreadsheets, journals and other tracking materials.
- Finally, a coach will be there when you succeed, to help you celebrate, and this also can be extremely motivating.
If you work in a niche where you give advice to people – even indirectly – you can probably parlay your efforts into coaching.
If you are a blogger and write a blog on a specific topic where you share information and techniques, you can convert thatinto coaching, and you can do it with the same customers that you are helping now.
Basic #2 :What Coaches Can Do For Their Clients
Sometimes, people just can’t do things on their own. They might have tried in the past and found limited success, but a coach that is helping with a specific problem, or a set or problems, creates a brand new environment for them to make the changes they desire, and gives them an entirely new perspective.
A coach can be the difference between wishing they could reach their goals and actually doing it. Here are some things that good coaches can do for their clients:
- Identify where the client actually is and how far they have to go to reach their goals. Many people are closer than they think (and of course, some are farther) but they can’t see it themselves. It takes an outside, objective perspective to allow them to see things clearly.
- Create a safe environment for them to reach their goals. Often, people don’t reach their goals because they don’t feel as if they should be striving for them. Someone in their life may be keeping them from achieving success and working with a coach gives them a safe place to be themselves and do what they want.
- Give them permission to achieve their goals. Some people are their own worst enemies. They feel as if they are not supposed to achieve what they want, and feel guilty about pursuing it. But as a coach, if you tell them they are permitted to follow their dreams, they might just believe you and go ahead and do it.
- Set higher standards than they would have set for themselves. People that are afraid of failure will set lower expectations of themselves, and then wonder why they don’t achieve the success they desire. Having a coach to hold them to a higher standard can often be just what they need.
- Help them build a structure for success. It can be difficult to achieve a big goal if you aren’t sure how to get there, and many people don’t know how to structure a plan that will result in their success. For example, some people aren’t even aware of the relationship between the small, daily actions they choose to take and how it relates to big goals that are to be achieved months or years down the road.
- Give them the support that they might be lacking. Sometimes, all it takes for someone to believe in themselves is for someone else to believe in them first. Your clients may not be getting the support they
need from friends or family and that’s where a coach can be useful.
- Give them tools to make changes. Tools like spreadsheets to keep track of progress or journals are highly useful when it comes to setting and achieving goals and making life changes.
Basic #3 : What Niches Are Best for Coaching?
You can start a coaching business in any niche where people need advice. There are literally hundreds, and thousands of even smaller sub-niches.
Here is a list of just a few of the niches that you have to choose from.
- Losing weight
- Starting an online business
- Improving your personal relationships
- Becoming a better leader
- Improving your brain power
- Increasing success at work
- Raising children correctly
- Reducing stress
- Transitioning from one phase to another
- Increasing productivity
- Achieving a lifelong goal (such as writing a book)
Basic #4 :How is Online Coaching Done?
The benefit of coaching over the internet is that you have so many options. Coaching can be done using just about any medium. Some people prefer to have face time with their clients via Zoom, Skype or other an instant messenger platform and others work exclusively over the phone.
You can choose any method of coaching that you prefer. You can even send out emails or do recorded videos, posted online for your clients to view.
Online coaching is done however you prefer to do it, with whatever medium you prefer to use, and many people use multiple mediums, charging more for personal sessions than for the ones that are pre recorded.
Basic #5 : How Much Should I Charge?
The great thing about being a coach is that you get the benefit of crosspromoting the materials that you already have like eBooks, audio files, videos or various other media as well as affiliate recommendations.
You’ll still be able to sell these items, and in fact, you’ll end up selling more because some of the people that you’ll be coaching will also be buying these products.
On the other hand, the people who buy your products or see your affiliate links might also sign up for coaching. So, the twomethods have a symbiotic relationship where your sales go up no matter what. As for how much you can charge, this is entirely up to you. Of course, you should definitely do your research and find out what other coaches are charging, so that you have a general idea of what people are paying, but if you think that the coaching you are providing is worth more, feel free to charge more.
There is also the question of not only what your rates are, but how they are charged. For example, do you want a monthly subscription model or would you prefer that students pay for each coaching session when they have it, so that they only pay for sessions when they need them?
When you create your coaching website and other materials, you’ll want to specify what sort of payment structures you have in place so that people can know up front what they are signing up for.
Of course, you don’t have to list your prices up front if you don’t want to. Many coaches offer a short session free-of-charge so that the student can have a chance to evaluate them one-on-one before they commit to coaching sessions. It is much easierto get a commitment and a payment after you have had a face-to-face with the client, even if that is only through a Skype session across the internet.
Your clients can book a call with you through booking/calendar platform like Calendly, Acuity etc and you can start coaching ..
Now that you have already learnt the basic, you can start planning your coaching program.. Then start making offers and landing a client 😉
Download Planner for Coaches for free here..