Welcome to Ultimate Discovery Call Scripts Templates For Life Coaches to land your dream clients.
Are you a life coach looking for an effective way to engage potential clients?
A discovery call script can be a great tool to help you get started. A discovery call is an initial conversation with a prospective client that helps you understand their needs and determine if you are the right fit for them.
By having a well-crafted script, you can ensure that each call runs smoothly and efficiently.
Befor I begin to talk about the discovery scripts, please check out this Discovery Call Script Template for more discovery call scripts for your coaching business.
What is disovery call script?
A discovery call script is a set of questions and topics that you use to guide the conversation with a potential client.
It helps you uncover their needs, goals, and challenges so that you can determine if they are a good fit for your services.
The goal of the call is to build rapport and trust with the potential client while also gathering information about their situation.
What should be included in a discovery call script?
A good discovery call script should include questions that help you understand the potential client’s needs, goals, and challenges.
It should also include topics that will help you determine if they are a good fit for your services.
Some examples of questions and topics to include in your script are:
- What led you to seek out a life coach?
- What are your current goals and challenges?
- How do you envision a successful coaching relationship?
- What have been some of your successes in the past?
- What areas do you feel you need help with?
- What is your timeline for achieving your goals?
- Are there any other questions or topics that I should be aware of?
By having a well-crafted script, you can ensure that each call runs smoothly and efficiently. This will help you build trust with potential clients and determine if they are the right fit for your services.
There are 5 elements in an effective discovery call
It is pretty easy to write or structure your discovery call script. These are 5 elements that you should talk about in your discovery call.
Introduction : Introduce yourself and your company, and explain the purpose of the call.
Build Rapport : Try to build a connection with the person you’re speaking with by asking open-ended questions and finding common ground.
Identifying Goals and Exploring Challenges : Ask questions to understand what the person is looking to achieve and how you can help them.
Discussing Solutions : Based on what you’ve learned about the person’s needs and goals, talk about how you can help them achieve those objectives.
Closing the Call :At the end of the call, discuss what the next steps are and how you will follow up.
Let’s break down the call step by step.
Part 1 of Discovery Call Script : Introduction
Why introduction is important in your discovery call ?
The introduction is an important part of the discovery call as it sets the tone for the rest of the conversation. It’s your chance to introduce yourself and your company, explain why you’re calling,establish a connection and make a good first impression.
Examples of what to include in your introduction:
• Introduce yourself and your company
• Explain why you are calling
• Ask if now is a good time to talk
How do you introduce a discovery call or how to introduce yourself as a coach to your client?
“Hi , my name is ___ and I’m a life coach. I specialize in helping people achieve their goals and reach their full potential. It’s great to speak with you!”
“Hello , my name is __ and I am a life coach. I understand that you are looking for help in achieving your goals, and I’d like to learn more about what you’re hoping to accomplish.”
Part 2 of Discovery Call Script : Build rapport
Why building rapport is important in your discovery call?
Building rapport with the person you’re speaking with is essential for creating a successful coaching relationship. It helps create trust and allows you to better understand their needs, goals, and challenges.
Examples of how to establish rapport :
1. Ask open-ended questions that allow the client to provide more information about themselves and their goals.
2. Listen actively and show genuine interest in what they have to say.
3. Show empathy and understanding for their situation.
4. Use positive language and affirmations to build trust and rapport with the client.
Scripts to break the ice :
1. What do you like to do in your free time?
2. What are some of your favorite hobbies or activities?
3. What is something that you’re passionate about?
4. Tell me about a recent accomplishment that you’re proud of.
Scripts to Establishing Rapport :
1. It’s great to have to speak with you! Can you tell me a bit about yourself and what brings you here today?
2. What do you hope to achieve by working with a life coach?
3. How would you describe your current situation?
4. What have been some of the biggest obstacles that have been preventing you from achieving your goals?
Then, explain the agenda of the dicovery call :
“I’d like to spend the next few minutes getting to know you and your goals better. I’ll ask a few questions about your current situation, what you’re hoping to achieve, and how I can help. Then we can discuss if working together is the right fit for both of us. Is that ok for you?”
Part 3 of Discovery Call Script : Identifying Goals and Exploring Challenges
Why identifiying goal and exploring challenges are important in your discovery call?
Identifying goals and exploring challenges are important in the discovery call because it helps you understand the client’s needs and determine if you can help them.
It also allows you to create a plan of action that will help them reach their goals.
1. What are your short-term and long-term goals?
2. What have you done so far to try and reach those goals?
3. What do you think is preventing you from achieving them?
4. Are there any other challenges that you’re facing in your life right now?
1. What motivated you to seek out a life coach?
2. What challenges have you been
3. What are your short-term and long -term goals?
4. What have you done so far to try and reach those goals?
5. What do you think is preventing you from achieving them?
Part 4 of Discovery Call Script : Discussing Solutions
Discussing solutions is important because it allows you to create a plan of action that will help the client reach their goals.
Additionally, It helps you determine if working together is the right fit for both of you.
1. What do you think would be the best way to approach your current situation?
2. Are there any specific strategies or techniques that you’d like to try?
1. What do you think would be the best way to approach your goals?
2. What strategies have you tried in the past that have been successful?
3. Are there any other solutions that you’d like to explore?
4. How can I help you reach your goals?
Part 5 of Discovery Call Script : Closing the Call
Closing the call is important because it allows you to summarize the conversation and determine if working together is the right fit for both of you.
Example of the closing scripts and questions.
1. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I’m looking forward to learning more about you and your goals, and helping you reach them. If you decide that working together is the right fit for both of us, we can discuss next steps. Do you have any questions or concerns before we wrap up?
2. Based on what we discussed,I think that, me and you working together would be a good fit. Would you like to get my support and guidance to achieve your goals?
3. Do you feel like working together is the right fit for both of us?
4. Do you have any other questions or concerns that I can address for you?
5. What do you think is the most important thing for us to focus on in order to help you reach your goals?
6. Are there any other areas of your life that we should address in order to help you achieve success?
7. How can I best support you in reaching your goals?
8. Is there anything else that I can do to help you reach your goals?
In a nut shell, a discovery call script for life coaches should include open-ended questions to establish rapport, scripts to break the ice, scripts to establish rapport, identifying goals and exploring challenges, discussing solutions and closing the call.
By using these techniques, life coaches can create an effective discovery call script that will help them build trust with their clients and better understand their needs.